Back To Recipe Page
Print This Recipe
Orange Pekoe Tea CakeSubmitted by:
Melted white chocolate infused with Green Pekoe Blues tea is the secret ingredient to this incredibly fast and easy cake. Topped off with Orange Pekoe icing, the end result is a perfectly moist, sweet cake perfect for any afternoon tea.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Serving Size: 10-12
To make the cake:
1) Preheat the oven to 325F
2) Grease a mini-cake or muffin pan, set aside.
2) Place the butter, milk, sugar and white chocolate into a medium saucepan.
3) Place the Green Pekoe Blues tea (for brewing) in a tea bag or strainer and add to the saucepan. Make sure the bag or strainer is closed so the tea leaves do not escape into the chocolate mixture during heating.
4) Bring the chocolate mixture to a simmer over low heat, stirring constantly.
5) Once simmering, remove saucepan from heat, and remove the tea bag or strainer from the chocolate mixture.
5) Place the finely chopped Green Pekoe Blues Tea, flour, baking powder, vanilla, orange zest and eggs into a large bowl.
6) Slowly add the chocolate mixture to the flour mixture and whisk until smooth.
7) Fill each mini-cake or muffin tin half full. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
To make the icing:
1) Sift the confectioner's sugar into a bowl.
2) Add 2 tablespoons brewed Green Pekoe Blues tea and stir to combine. (If you prefer a thinner icing, add more brewed tea 1/2 teaspoon at a time until the desired consistency is reached.)
3) Stir in the finely chopped Green Pekoe Blues tea and grated orange rind.
4) Spoon onto Orange Pekoe Tea Cakes immediately and enjoy.