Pumpkin Chai Pretzel Bites
A festive little treat great for a snack or even as a healthier dessert.1 h 24
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Adagios Honeybush Pumpkin chai tea
- 2 Teaspoons Brown Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Package of Yeast (1 1/8 teaspoons)
- 3 Table Spoons Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Cane Sugar
- Cream cheese (I used a pumpkin spice cream cheese)
1) Pre heat oven to 425.
2) In one cup of boiling water, steep tea for 15 minutes.
3) let water cool to a warm temperature. Once water is warm add yeast and let sit for 4 minutes then add sugar and salt.
4) In a separate bowl mix flour and pumpkin pie spice then add tea/yeast mixture to flour and mix until combined. cut into two inch oval bites.
5) Bring a pot of water and baking soda to a boil and drop bites into water for about 30 - 60 seconds.
6) Place bites onto a cookie sheet and place in oven for about ten minutes or until lightly browned on the outside.
7) Let bites cool then carefully cut a hole into the top of each bite and set tops aside. Mix cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl. lightly brush the outside of bites and tops with butter of coconut oil then roll it in a cinnamon sugar mix.
8) Fill the center of each bite with cream cheese and place tops on top.
9) Lastly and most importantly enjoy these tasty little treats!