Surf and Turf with a Treat
surf and turf, grilled, baked or broiled to perfection every time. For a no salt all natural recipe omit the sea salt and a special dessert treat2 h 2
- 3-4 pieces of tilapia fillet, or other light white fish; or boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 steak (London Broil, tenderloin top first cut preferable)
- splash olive oil
- splash lemon or lime juice
- a dash or two of all of the following:
- fresh garlic
- onion powder or flakes
- gunpowder tea pellets
- spearmint tea leaves
- sea salt (optional)
- lemon peel
- pink peppercorns
- black pepper
- fennel seed
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp. very strongly brewed gunpowder and spearmint tea
- jar of cherries
Place meat pieces in center of piece of foil, and fold up the edges to avoid leakage.
In small bowl mix all dry ingredients. Rub mixture on all sides of the steak and fish or chicken.
Add splash of oil and lemon/lime juice. Wrap in the foil and place in fridge for 30-60 min.
Bake 350°F, or broil or grill the foil packets, for approx 20-30 min.
Serve with rice, vegetables, and garlic bread, and chilled white or blush wine.
In a small bowl, mix condensed milk, coconut, and tea.
Place by teaspoonful into mini muffin cup liners.
Place a cherry on top; press slightly.
Bake at 350�F until slightly browned.
Cool and serve after your surf and turf dinner.