Apricot Chicken and Shrimp
An Asian-inspired dish blending the flavors of apricots, chicken, shrimp, and Wuyi oolong tea.30 m 2
- 1 c. apricot nectar
- 1/2 c. apricot preserves
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 c. Wuyi oolong tea, brewed strong
- 2 lb. chicken tenderloins
- 1 lb. salad-size shrimp, uncooked
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3/4 c. dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- 4 tbsp. butter
- Wondra brand quick-mixing flour
- Tabasco Green Jalepeno sauce
- tea-infused couscous (recipe on TeaChef)
Stir together the nectar, preserves, soup mix, and tea in a bowl and set aside.
Put a little oil in the bottom of a large skillet and add the chicken and shrimp. As the chicken cooks, use a spatula to cut it into bite size pieces. When chicken and shrimp are cooked, remove them from the pan and pour off the juices.
Add butter and onion to the pan and cook until onion is soft and translucent.
Put the chicken and shrimp back into the pan, and pour the apricot mixture over the top. Stir together and cover.
Cook on medium heat for 10 min. Dish is ready to serve.
For a thicker sauce, stir in some Wondra quick-mixing flour (made for gravies and sauces).
For a spicier dish, add a few shakes of Tabasco Green Jalepeno sauce.