Matcha and Pistachio Crusted Halibut
Try adding matcha for an herbaceous edge to buttery-sweet halibut! Prep time: 10 min. Cook time: 10 min.20 m 2
- 1/2 c. raw unsalted pistachios
- 1 1/2 tsp. matcha powder
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted; more for parchment paper
- 1/2 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 4 5-oz. skinless Pacific halibut fillets or other firm-fleshed white fish
Preheat oven to 400°F. Place pistachios on a small rimmed baking sheet; toast until browned in spots, about 3 min. Let cool.
Grind pistachios, matcha, and sugar in a food processor until nuts are coarsely chopped, about 15 seconds. Add breadcrumbs, melted butter, and lemon zest; process until combined (but not a paste), about 10 seconds. Season topping to taste with salt and pepper.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; grease paper with butter. Lightly season fish all over with salt and pepper. Pat 1/4 of nut mixture evenly on top of each fillet. Place fillets on prepared sheet. Bake until just opaque in center, 8-10 min.