A hearty vegetable soup with endless variations.2 h 30 m 2
- 5 c. green pekoe tea, brewed strongly
- 4 c. water
- 4 c. chopped mixed fresh vegetables to make the stock: celery, carrot, red bell pepper, parsley, watercress, spinach, mushrooms
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 4 c. thinly sliced mixed vegetables for in the soup: carrots, leeks, daikon radish, mushroom, celery, red bell pepper, water chestnuts, snow peas
- optional: cellophane noodles, one small bundle per serving, prepared
- optional garnish: lime slices, fresh cilantro
Simmer brewed tea, water, and chopped vegetables for 2 hours. Strain and discard old vegetables. Try to maintain at least 8 c. broth. Season broth with salt and pepper to taste.
Sautee sliced vegetables in 1 tsp. sesame oil for 2 min., then add to soup stock for 2 min.
Optional: Serve with cellophane noodles, lime slice, and cilantro