Tea lends an unconventional flavor to this homemade salad dressing.40 m 2
- 2 tsp. green pekoe tea leaves
- 1/2 c. rice vinegar
- 1/2 c. to 3/4 c. canola oil, to taste
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 6 c. watercress or mixed salad greens
- 1 ripe but firm Asian or Bartlett pear, cored and thinly sliced
Combine the tea and vinegar and let steep for 20 min. Strain the tea leaves. Whisk in the oil, mustard, sugar, salt, and pepper. Toss with the greens and pear slices.
Prep time: 10 min. Total time: 30 min.