Strawberry lemon tea cookies
This is a quick and easy dessert, perfect to pair with sweet teas such as chamomile or to eat alone. An optional glaze made with wild strawberry tea provides a natural pink tint, giving a festive air to any occasion.45 m 12
- 1 tsp strawberry tea
- 2 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 ½ cups confectioner’s sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350° and boil 1 cup of water.
2. Steep the tea in water for 10 minutes. When done, take leaves out of tea and chop finely. Set aside.
3. Pour lemon juice into tea.
4. Cream butter and white sugar until light and fluffy.
5. Beat in egg and 1 tbsp of the tea/lemon juice mixture.
6. Combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda, chopped tea leaves and lemon zest. Gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
7. Roll in 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
9. While you allow the cookies to cool, slowly combine 2-3 tbsp of the tea/lemon mixture with confectioner’s sugar, a little bit at a time, until you reach a desired consistency of glaze.
10. Dip each cookie top into the glaze. Cool before serving.