Peach Cucumber Bread
This is a delightful summer bread to take advantage of all of those cucumbers in your garden! Throw in a peach to elevate the texture and create one of the most moist breads you'll ever have.1 h 30 m 8
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-2 large cucumbers or 2-3 small cucumbers
- 1 peach, peeled
- 2 tsp peach serenity tea
- 4 oz water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Brew 2 tsp of peach serenity tea in 4 oz water for 10 minutes. Set aside when done.
3. Peel cucumbers, cut them in half, and remove all seeds with a spoon.
4. Place cucumber in the food processor until grated/pureed to desired texture.
5. Allow cucumber to sit in a strainer for at least 15 minutes, pressing down to get any excess liquid out before placing it aside.
6. Cut peach and add to food processor until grated/pureed to desired texture. Set aside with cucumber.
7. In a large bowl, mix eggs, vegetable oil, and sugar together until fully combined.
8. Add grated cucumber/peach mixture, 1 tbsp of tea, and 1tsp of both vanilla extract and lemon juice. Stir until fully combined.
9. Add flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg to bowl. Once again, stir until combined. If using a hand-mixer, keep it on low to prevent the spread of flour outside of the bowl.
10. Spray a loaf pan (9 x 5) with nonstick spray and pour the batter into the pan.
11. Bake for 60 minutes, checking on it to make sure top does not burn.
12. Let cool for 15 minutes before removing.