Lavender Earl Grey Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf
Lemon, lavender, and earl grey make a tasty combination in this sweet and tart loaf!2 h 9
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp poppy seed
- 1 cup almond milk yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp lemon (or orange) zest
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp lavender earl grey tea leaves
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp strong brewed lavender earl grey tea
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9x5 loaf pan.
2. Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and poppy seeds.
3. Mix together yogurt, sugar, eggs, lemon zest, vanilla and oil. Slowly mix in dry ingredients until fully incorporated.
4. Pour batter into pan, bake for about an hour, or until toothpick inserted comes clean.
5. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and place on wire rack above baking tray.
6. While cooling, make syrup by combining sugar and lemon juice in a saucepan over medium heat. Once sugar is dissolved, add in tea leaves and cook for another 5-6 minutes, allowing syrup to thicken.
7. Poke all four sides and top of loaf with a toothpick, then brush syrup mixture over loaf. Repeat process until all syrup has been brushed over the loaf.
8. Let loaf completely cool; begin making glaze by combining powdered sugar and tea.
9. Pour glaze over the top of the loaf; allow glaze to harden for 10-20 minutes before serving.