Wuyi Oolong Wiener Appetizer
An appetizer both adults and kids will love. Great for parties.20 m 2
- 1 package of cocktail wieners or 2 packages of hot dogs cut into 1" pieces
- 9 oz. of bottled barbecue sauce
- 16 oz. concord grape jelly
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1/4 c. strongly brewed Wuyi oolong tea
- 1/4 c. strongly brewed gunpowder tea
Place in a sauce pan or crock pot (if making a larger batch) the wieners, onions, and strongly brewed tea, with heat on low-medium. Stir continuously for about 5 min. Once the onions start to soften a bit and the wieners soak up some tea, add all the remaining ingredients. Stir to blend well.
Turn heat down and simmer.
Serve with warm homemade bread.