Adagio Chocolate Chai Muffins
Delicious chai muffins with chocolate if desired for breakfast or dessert!30 m 18
- 2 c flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¾ cup Granulated Sugar
- ¼ cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 ¼ cup Milk
- 4-8 tsp Chocolate Chai Tea by Adagio
- 2 Eggs
- OPTIONAL: ¾ cup of Chopped chocolate, chocolate chips, or nuts.
1) Preheat 350 degrees, grease and flour muffin tins
2) In a small saucepan, add milk and simmer tea for 5-10 minutes.
3) Strain out tea from milk. Consider grinding the tea and leaving it unstrained for a stronger flavored end product!
4) In a large bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, set aside.
5) In a small bowl, add the chocolate/nuts if desired, and ½ cup of the dry ingredients, toss the optional ingredients around to make sure they are all coated.
6) In another large bowl, using a hand held electric mixer, whisk together the sugar, eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla extract.
7) Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and continue to mix with your mixer while adding in the chai tea milk mixture. Fold in the optional ingredients and mix through just until they are evenly distributed.
8) Divide the batter evenly among-st the lined muffin tins and bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center. Cool completely on a wire rack.