Spiced Chai Tea
This is spiced herbal chai tea, which can be had at breakfast, afternoon, or on the go. This is refreshing, healthy and spices in it aid the immune system. Please feel free to change the quantity of ingredients to suit your taste. This also can be made ahead of time (an hour or two) for a party/get-togethers and stored in Thermos.12 m 2
- Whole milk: 1 CUP
- Water: 2 CUP
- Half and half: 2 TBSP (or more if needed)
- Sugar or powdered Jaggery: 3 Tsp ( more or less as per taste)
- BLACK Tea (wagh Bakri brand or any other strong black tea): 2 TBSP
- Long Leaf Tea: 1 TBSP (for example Darjeeling long leaf tea)
- Spices: 2 pinches of the below:
- spice Recipe:
- Powdered clove (1/2 tsp),
- Powdered Cinnamon(1/2 tsp),
- Powdered Nutmeg(1/2 tsp),
- Powdered dry Ginger(1 tsp),
- Powdered Green Cardamom (with skin removed)(1 tsp).
- (MIX all these ingredients in the proportion indicated and USE ONLY 1-3 pinches of the mixture for ONE serving of tea.
- An average of 1 pinch for 1 cup of chai tea. More if desired).
Add the sugar or Jaggery to the water and bring it to a boil. Then, add whole milk, spices, cover, and bring to boil again. Simmer. Add the black tea and the longleaf tea, cover, and simmer again approx 5 minutes until the mixture starts getting the color of the tea. Switch off the stove and in the end, add the half n half. Serve. Makes 2 servings