Panna Cotta S'mores
This is a traditional cream panna cotta infused with S'mores tea. The photo demonstrates six potential toppings, but there are endless possibilities and season availability options. You could do the simple like your favorite gummy bears or candy. The seasonal such as pumpkin seeds on top. Or, if you prefer the more elegant look drizzle the panna cotta with organic honey and lavender.1 h 6
- 1 ½ c. finely ground graham cracker cumbs
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 6 tbsp. butter melted
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 1 qt. Heavy Cream
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp. S’mores Flavored Tea
- 2 ¼ Tsp. unflavored powdered gelatin
- 3 tbsp. water``
1. Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter. Press into mini tart pans. Bake at 375 degree preheated oven for 7-10 minutes (watch to assure they don’t burn). Allow to cool. Note: You can use a large tart pan or pie plate but setting time may be longer for the panna cotta.
2. In a saucepan combine the cream, sugar, vanilla and tea. Bring to a simmer on medium heat. Do not allow to boil. Remove from the heat and cover for 15 minutes.
3. In a small bowl sprinkle the unflavored gelatin over the water and let sit until evenly moist. 5-7 minutes.
4. Simmer cream mixture again over medium heat. Remove from heat. Strain the cream mixture into a pour 4 cup pour measuring cup, or mixing bowl with a spout. Discard the tea leaves. Add the gelatin until dissolved. Pour panna cotta mix into graham cracker crust bowls and let cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until set, about 12 hours.
5. Top each panna cotta with selected toppings. Topping suggestions are sugar rock; caramel; chocolate sauce; berries with berry sauce; toasted marshmallows and a chocolate piece; shaved dark chocolate.