Green Tea and Lime-Roasted Vegetables
Crispy roasted vegetables coated in a light and tangy sweet tea/citrus dressing. Prep time: 20 min. Cook time: 30-40 min.1 h 2
- 1 butternut squash (2-3 lb.), peeled and cubed
- 6 parsnips, peeled and sliced into wedges
- 6 carrots, peeled and sliced into wedges
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 c. lime juice
- 1 1/2 c. strongly brewed Pi Lo Chun tea
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. winter savory (preferably fresh, not dried)
- 1 tbsp. sweet marjoram (preferably fresh, not dried)
- salt and pepper to taste
Mix carrots, butternut squash, and parsnips together in a large bowl.
In a smaller bowl, combine olive oil, lime juice, tea, marjoram, and winter savory to make the dressing. Add salt and pepper, if desired. Mix well, then pour into the large bowl of vegetables, stirring well to coat.
Pour vegetables in one layer onto a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. (If they are too crowded, use a 2nd sheet.)
Sprinkle brown sugar over the vegetables.
Roast vegetables at 375°F. Use a spatula to flip and stir the vegetables every 10 min. or so throughout cooking. Cook 30-40 min., to desired level of doneness.