Apple Tea Sandwiches
A crispy, fresh tea sandwich that pairs well with tea.10 m 2
- 1 c. hot water
- 1 tsp. Adagio white ambrosia tea blend
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice (fresh is better)
- 12 very thin slices of crisp apple, unpeeled
- toasted pumpernickel bread, cut into 24 2"x2" pieces
- 12 slices Swiss cheese
- 6 leaves of crisp butter lettuce
- 3 oz. whipped cream cheese with chives
Steep tea in the hot water for 5 min. Strain. Chill until cold.
Combine cold tea and lemon juice. Wash the apple slices with the tea.
Spread each of 12 squares of bread with a thin layer of cream cheese with chives. Add Swiss cheese cut to fit. Add butter lettuce cut to fit, leaving ruffled edges to show. Add an apple slice. Spread another piece of pumpernickel with cream cheese and top sandwich.