Summer Garden Hojicha Tea with a Punch
Hojicha Tea with a Punch20 m 2
- SUGAR FREE AND LOW CARB (But everyone will like it if you don't tell them.)
- 8 Heaping teaspoons Hojicha loose tea leaves
- 1 Quart of Bottled Spring Warter
- 3 trays of Ice Cubes
- 1 Quart Sugar Free Chilled Ginger Ale (Good
- 1 Liter Sugar Free Chilled Orange flored Soft
- Drink (Good Quality)
- Optional Splenda or any artificial sweetner
- Crushed ice to chill bowl
In large Tea Pot;
>Place tea leaves
>Boil Spring Water and pur over tea leaves.
>Cover and steep for 5 to 6 minutes for a
>Place a silver laddle or large spoon into a
4 quart glass punch bowl to keep it from
>Place the ice cubes in the bowl
>Strain the brew over the ice and let it just
cool. Remove any unmelted ice cubes.
>Add Chilled Ginger Ale
>Add Chilled Orange Flavored Soft Drink
>Add optional sweetner to taste
*I like to place the glass punch bowl into a larger Silver punch bowl and pack the areas between bowls with crushed ice. The Tea Punch is then not watered down and tastes delighful.
* I suggest serving in tall stemmed water of tea glasses with an orange slice with a slit half way through slice and slipped over the edge of the glass. Very elegant for a warm day.
* Crushed ice or an ice cube is optional. You don't want to dilute this ambrosia