Smoky Wild Rice Salad
This salad can be served warm or chilled and makes a good addition to the picnic basket.1 h 2
- 4 c. water
- 1 tbsp. lapsang souchong tea
- 1 c. wild rice
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1/4 c. freshly squeezed orange juice
- 8 oz. smoked mozzarella, cubed
- 1 c. Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/2 c. toasted chopped pecans
- 4 large navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
Bring water to a boil, add tea, and steep 4 min. Bring tea to a boil, add rice, bring back to a simmer and cook for about 40-45 min. until tender. While rice is cooking, make the salad dressing by combining oil, orange juice, garlic, salt, and pepper. Then toast and chop the pecans, cube the cheese, chop the parsley, and peel and section the oranges.
Combine the cooked wild rice with the dressing then toss with remaining ingredients.