Cranberry Eggnog Pie
The tastes of the holidays all rolled into one yummy pie.3 h 10
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons cold water, divided( I used strongly brewed Cranberry tea)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked( I used the cranberry tea in place of the water in my recipe)
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 1-3/4 cups eggnog
- 2 tablespoons rum or 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water until smooth; stir in cranberries. Cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes. Pour into crust; set aside.
In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over remaining water; let stand for 5 minutes. Cook and stir over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Gradually stir in eggnog and rum.
Refrigerate until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Fold in whipped cream; pour over cranberry layer. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours. Sprinkle with nutmeg.