Milk rice pudding with Ginger Strawberry Jam
Nice and easy dessert. For any season , you can have the jam in jars for months.1 h 30 m 4
- Milk RicePudding:
- • 2 cup rice any variety as you like (Arborio may be is better)
- • 4 cups milk
- • 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- • 1 tsp vanilla extract
- • 2 tbsp toasted coconut flakes
- Strawberry Ginger Jam:
- • 2 cups strawberries
- • 1 cup granulated sugar
- • 1 cup brown sugar
- • 2 tbsp honey
- • 1 lemon zested and juice
- • 1 tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and shredded
• Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan. Wash the rice and drain it. Add the rice to the boiling water,and cook for 5 minutes.
• In a separate saucepan, bring the milk to a boil over medium heat.
• Remove the cooked rice and drain it. Slowly drop the rice into the boiling milk. Lower the heat and add sugar, vanilla extract. Simmer for 30 minutes at least, until get thick. Add more milk if need it.
• Can use it warm or cold
• Strawberry jam:
• Wash strawberries, whisk with both sugars, honey, lemon juice, and ginger. Let’s a few minutes to melt, then put on the stove to simmer about 45 minutes, reduce the heat as necessary
• Put in a bowl spoon 2 /3 tbsp of ginger-strawberry jam.
• Garnish with toasted coconut flakes.