Raspberry Macaron Shells
Cute Raspberry Macaron Shells to be filled with whatever your heart desires1 h 45 m 32
- 4 Aged Egg Whites (room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups Super Fine Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 Tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1/3 Cup Concentrated Raspberry Patch Tea
- (Optional) Food Coloring
*Makes 64 Shells, enough for 32 macarons*
1) First things first,
sift powdered sugar and almond flour together into a bowl.
2) In a separate bowl, start beating egg whites. Once the egg whites start to foam pour in cream of tartar and slowly pour in granulated sugar while continuing to beat with mixer
3) Pour in raspberry tea, and optionally food coloring. Continue beating with mixer until stiff peaks form.
4) Begin folding in 1/3 of the dry ingredients and then slowly fold the rest in.
5) Mixture should smooth but thick. You should be able to lift your spatulas and for a figure eight without the batter breaking.
6) Begin spooning into a piping bag.
7) Pipe 1 1/2 inch circles onto a parchment sheet lined baking pan.
8) After piping let shells sit and harden for about an hour.
9) Once shells have hardened bake at 300°F for 14 minutes rotating trays at the 7 minute mark.
10) Allow shells to cool before removing from sheet and then fill with your choice of filling!