Matcha Lime Shortbread
Matcha and lime marry perfectly in these cookies. Perfect as a dessert or to have with tea. I made these for a Halloween food challenge. I thought the matcha and lime would be a great cookie base for my Day of The Triffid cookies.40 m 12
- 245g Flour
- 15g Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 170g Salted Butter, room temperature
- 2 small Limes
- 130g Confectioners’ Sugar
- 2 large Egg Yolks
1. Chop up butter into large chunks to help it get into room temperature. Zest the two limes directly onto the butter. Preheat oven to 350F/175C.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, matcha, and sugar. Mix these dry ingredients together to evenly distribute the matcha and sugar in the flour.
3. Collect the juice from the two limes by cutting them in half and squeeze. Set the juice aside for now.
4. Once the butter is at room temperature, place in a mixer and begin to cream the butter. Slowly add the dry mix. Add the lime juice and the egg yolks to the mixture.
5. After the dough is evenly mixed, you can roll out the dough (1/4"-3/8" thick) and cut into your preferred shape. Place on a cookie sheet. \
6. Bake for 15-18 minutes.
TIP: If you want to frost your cookies, you can do so after they are fully cooled after baking.