Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls
The classic cinnamon roll with a pumpkin spice tea twist!2 h 30 m 10
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp Adagio Pumpkin Spice tea leaves
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 packet (2 1/4 tsp) instant yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 3/4 - 3 1/4 cup flour
- Oil (for bowl)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin butter (see below for ingredients)
- 2 1/2 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 2 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- 1 tbsp pumpkin butter
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Pumpkin Butter:
- 1 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (can use more for a sweeter roll)
- 1/8 cup honey
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Glaze (optional):
- 1 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- 2 - 2 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 - 4 tsp almond milk
1. Take 2 tbsp of pumpkin spice tea leaves and grind into a fine powder.
2. To make the dough, mix 1 tsp of (whole) pumpkin spice tea leaves with 1 cup almond milk. Heat over stove on medium heat for 10 minutes; strain.
3. Add vegan butter to the almond milk, stirring until melted. Do not let boil; ideal temperature is 110 degrees F. Transfer to mixing bowl.
4. Sprinkle yeast, sugar and salt over almond milk/ butter mixture; let sit for 10 minutes to activate yeast.
5. Mix in cinnamon, 1/2 tsp of ground pumpkin spice tea leaves; let sit 5 minutes.
6. Whisk in pumpkin puree.
7. Mix in 1/2 cup of flour at a time, until dough can no longer be stirred. Transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead dough for 1-2 minutes. Add in more flour if necessary. The dough should be able to hold a loose ball shape.
8. Rinse out mixing bowl, lightly oil, and place dough ball in, rolling to coat with oil. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for 45-65 minutes. Dough should double in size.
9. While dough is rising, make pumpkin butter. Add all ingredients, plus 1 tbsp of ground pumpkin spice tea leaves, together. Cook on stove over medium heat, stirring constantly for 15-20 minutes. Let cool.
10. Once dough has risen, roll out in a long rectangular shape on lightly floured surface.
11. Brush dough with vegan butter, spread pumpkin butter, sugar, cinnamon, 1/2 tbsp ground pumpkin spice tea, and nuts, evenly.
12. Starting with the longer side, slowly and tightly, roll up the dough with the filling inside. Use a serrated knife to cut into 10 even pieces. Place in lightly greased 8x8 pan.
13. Top rolls with butter and pumpkin butter; sprinkle with sugar and nuts.
14. Cover pan with plastic wrap, set rolls on oven, and let oven preheat to 350 degrees F. The rolls will continue to rise.
15. Remove plastic wrap and cook for 20-30 minutes. Remove and let cool.
16. When rolls are cooled, make glaze by mixing butter and 1/2 cup powdered sugar at a time. Add in 1 tsp of almond milk at a time to thin the glaze until desired consistency. Enjoy!