Pumpkin Hazelnut Bread
Pumpkin and hazelnut come together in this soft, moist loaf!1 h 15 m 9
- 2 tsp honeybush hazelnut tea
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar (add additional 1/4 cup for a sweeter loaf)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup almond milk (room temperature)
- 1/3 cup oil
- 15 oz of pumpkin purée
1. Combine hazelnut tea leaves with almond milk, let steep for 5-10 minutes, strain.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease loaf pan.
3. Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and nutmeg in large bowl. Mix sugar, oil, vanilla, and milk in separate bowl.
4. Combine the wet and dry ingredients, then fold in pumpkin purée.
5. Pour batter into loaf, sprinkle sugar overtop. Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes clean.
6. Let cool 5 minutes, remove from pan and cool on wire rack.