Watermelon Cooler Jello
A refreshing vegan jello that super easy to make with your favorite herbal tea.
Agar is a great alternative to gelatin when a vegan gel is needed. It can be purchased in powder or flake form online or at Asian markets. Agar can usually be bought in powder or flake form — we'll be using powder in this recipe.1 h 30 m 6
- 3 cups of Watermelon Cooler Tea--brewed strong, sweetened to taste, and chilled
- 1 tsp agar powder
- Non-dairy whipped topping, optional
1. Place 2 cups of the tea into a blender. Slowly blend in the agar powder.
2. Transfer mixture to a small saucepan.
3. Place the saucepan over high heat and bring the liquid to a boil, whisking constantly.
4. Lower the heat so that the liquid is at a low boil and continue cooking it for 2 minutes, whisking constantly.
5. Remove the pot from heat and whisk in the remaining 1 cup of tea.
6. Pour the liquid into molds of choice.
7. Chill for at least 1 hour to set. Keep the jello chilled until ready to serve.
8. Unmold into chilled serving dishes and top with whipped topping, if using.
9. Serve immediately. Unlike regular gelatin, agar-based jello has a tendency to weep (remelt). So eat it up quickly!