Strawberry Chamomile Cake
Tasty chamomile tea meets yummy summer strawberries in this light springy cake.5 h 30 m 2
- 1/2 cup pureed strawberries (fresh or defrosted frozen)
- 3/4 cup double strength chamomile tea (need 2 tsp. chamomile tea per cup of water)
- 1 angel food cake mix
In a food processor, puree enough strawberries to form 1/2 cup.
Boil water. Brew 2 tsp. chamomile tea in 1 cup of water for 7 minutes. Strain and reserve 3/4 cup of tea for recipe. (Use remaining tea for Chamomile Icing listed below, if desired.)
1. Mix 3/4 cup chamomile tea and 1/2 cup pureed strawberries in small bowl and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until chilled
2. Use chilled chamomile-strawberry tea in place of liquids called for in the mix and prepare cake mix according to instructions.
Top with sifted powdered sugar or sliced fresh strawberries and whipped cream.
Top with a Chamomile Glaze.
Serve with chamomile tea.
2 cups of sifted powdered sugar (sift before measuring)
1+1/2 tablespoons softened butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
3-4 tablespoons double-strength chamomile tea
1. Combine powdered sugar, softened butter, vanilla extract, salt, and 3 tablespoons of the tea in a small mixing bowl.
2. Stir until smooth and well blended.
3. Adjust, using remaining tea or more powdered sugar, for spreading consistency if necessary.
4. Spread icing or drizzle on cooled angel food cake.