Lemon Grass Tea Brownies
Green tea is often used in baked goods, but what about lemon grass?2
- 3/4 c. unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks)
- 4 oz. white chocolate (either chips or chopped bar)
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 tbsp. loose lemon grass tea
- 6 oz. coconut milk
- 3 large eggs, brought to room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- optional topping: coconut flakes and lemon zest
Bring the coconut milk to a simmer and steep the lemon grass tea in it with a tea ball for 7-10 min.
Melt the butter and white chocolate together in a double boiler.
Remove the tea ball from the coconut milk and add it, along with the sugar, to the melted butter and white chocolate. Let cool to lukewarm before adding the eggs, so they don't curdle.
Mix in eggs, then fold in flour and salt. Add the vanilla and lemon juice last.
Bake in 8"x8" pan at 325°F for about 45-50 min., or until a toothpick comes out clean. (Or use a 9"x13" and bake 25-30 min.)
Sprinkle with coconut flakes and lemon zest if desired.