Grilled Chicken Breasts with Orange Tea Sauce
The orange tea sauce gives the bland chicken breast new life.40 m 4
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 c. low-sodium chicken broth (homemade or prepared)
- 1 1/2 c. orange juice (without pulp)
- 1 1/2 tbsp. lapsang souchong tea leaves
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
Melt butter in a medium saucepan on medium-high heat. Add shallots and sautee until beginning to brown, about 4-5 min. Stir in broth, juice, and tea until well blended. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until reduced to about 1 1/4 c. (about 18-20 min). Stir in honey, salt, and pepper. Keep warm while grilling chicken.
Spray the grids of a grill with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to a medium-high heat.
Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
Grill chicken until the internal temperature reaches 165°F, about 5-6 min. per side.
Spoon orange tea sauce over each portion of chicken.