Cranberry Steeped Greek Turkey Salad
Rich and creamy turkey salad steeped in cranberry tea makes good use out of that leftover Thanksgiving turkey. The best of a turkey cranberry sandwich with out the gluten or carbs. Serve over shredded lettuce or in lettuce cups for the ultimate cranberry turkey crunch. Since this is also low calorie you can indulge gilt free!30 m 2
- 2 Cups leftover turkey meat (white and/or dark) - shredded
- 2 Adagio Cranberry Tea Bags
- 1 Rib Celery
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 1/2 Cup Slivered Almonds
- 3/4 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt (I like to use non fat but 2% works great, too)
- 1/4 Cup Light Mayo
- 1/2 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Yellow or Grainy Mustard
- Hot Sauce to Taste (option) - I like to use sriracha
- Salt and Pepper
Fill a medium pot with water and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to low and add leftover shredded turkey and tea bags. Let steep for 30 minutes. Drain well when time is complete,
While turkey meat steeps finely dice celery and onion. Combine with almonds, yogurt, mayo, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper and hot sauce if using. Mix well.
Drain turkey meat and pat dry with paper towels. Add to veggies and sauce and mix well. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
Serve over your favorite lettuce or in lettuce cups. You can also make "tacos" out of Romaine lettuce leaves. I love to use a combination or chopped Romaine and spicy arugula.