Pumpkin Spiced Pancakes with Buttery Pumpkin Spice Syrup
Homemade Buttery Pumpkin Spice Syrup makes these delicious Pumpkin Spice Pancakes extra special. If desired, the syrup can be made in advance and warmed a few seconds in the microwave when you are ready to use. This approach makes this semi-homemade recipe a super quick, but very special breakfast.35 m 4
- Ingredients for Strong Tea (to be used in syrup and pancakes)
- 2 tablespoons- Adagio Pumpkin Spice Tea
- 2 cups - Water
- Ingredients for Buttery Pumpkin Spice Syrup
- 2/3 cup - Strong Adagio Pumpkin Spice Tea
- 2 tablespoons- Butter
- 2/3 cup - Sugar
- Ingredients for Pumpkin Spice Pancakes:
- 2 cups - Complete Pancake Mix (any brand, the kind that you only add water to)
- 1 1/3 cups - Strong Strong Pumpkin Spice Tea
- 3-4 tablespoons - Butter (as needed to grease griddle and top pancakes)
- 1 can - Whipped Cream
- 1 tsp - Finely ground Adagio Pumpkin Spice Tea
Brew a strong Pumpkin Spice tea with the 2 tablespoons of tea in 2 cups of boiling water for 3 minutes.
To make the Buttery Pumpkin Spice Syrup:
Combine 2 tablespoons butter, 2/3 cup of the strong brewed tea in a saucepan with 2/3 cup sugar. Using medium high heat stir until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to a full boil, quit stirring but let mixture boil until it reaches 225 degrees on a candy thermometer. Once this temperature is achieved, transfer syrup to a glass measuring cup so it stops cooking. Set aside while you prepare the pancakes or, if making in advance refrigerate and reheat in the microwave for 15-20 seconds to warm.
To make Pumpkin Spice Pancakes:
Preheat lightly buttered griddle until small water drops sizzle then disappear. Mix 2 cups complete pancake mix with 1 1/3 cup strong tea until smooth. If batter is to thick add a bit of water. Pour 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto hot griddle. Turn pancakes when edges look cooked. Use butter as needed in between cooking pancakes. Top with a bit more butter if desired.
To serve, stack 2 or three pancakes on a plate, drizzle with warm Buttery Pumpkin Spice Syrup. Squirt a pile of whipped cream on top, add another drizzle of Buttery Pumpkin Spice Syrup and garnish with a pinch of finely ground Pumpkin Spice Tea. Serve hot.