Banging Minestrone Soup
Great change from the same old same old20 m 2
- 1 potato, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 28-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 3 c. water or chicken stock
- 2 tsp. gunpowder tea�leaves
- 1 head of escarole, washed and chopped
- 1 15-oz. can of white cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-oz. can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 c. of dry small shell pasta
Cook shell pasta according to package directions less 3 min., then drain and cool. Set aside.
Place potato, onion, garlic, celery, carrot, tomatoes, water or stock, and tea leaves in a large soup pan and simmer till carrots and potatoes are cooked, approximately 15 min.
Add escarole and beans, and simmer until escarole is cooked, approximately 5 min.
Add the shell pasta, stir and serve.