Mini Daydream Pavlovas
This light, naturally gluten free, dish is the perfect addition to an afternoon tea or to finish a meal.5 h 20
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of Adagio Daydream loose leaf tea
- 1 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz. water
- 9 Egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon Cream of Tarter
- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries
- 1/2 lb. fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1) Bring heavy whipping cream just to a boil. Add 1 1/4 teaspoons of Daydream leaves and seep for 3 minutes. Strain and allow cream to cool (on a counter until slightly warm, than cover and finish cooling in the fridge overnight).
2) Bring 4 oz. water to a boil, than add to 1 3/4 teaspoons of Daydream leaves for 3 minutes. Strain and allow concentrated tea to cool.
3) Preheat oven to 225 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Mix 1 1/2 cups of sugar, salt, and cornstarch in a small bowl and set aside.
4) Whip the egg whites and 3 teaspoons of the concentrated Daydream tea in a stand mixture on medium speed until frothy.
5) Add the cream of tarter, increase the mixer speed to medium high, and whip for another minute.
6) Slowly add the sugar mixture, and whip until it forms stiff peaks.
7) Fit an icing bag with a large star tip and fill with 1/2 of the meringue. Pipe the meringue onto the 2 baking sheet into ten, 2.5 inch circles.
8) Bake for one hour, than crack the oven door and turn off the oven. Allow the meringue to cook like this for one more hour. Remove from oven and allow to come to room temperature.
9) Whip the remaining meringue back up and repeat steps 7 and 8.
10) Whip the Daydream heavy cream and 2 tablespoons of sugar until they form stiff peaks. Prep another icing bag, but with a closed star tip this time, and fill it with the whipped cream.
11) Cover the top the meringue with a large swirl of whipped cream, and arrange the blueberries and sliced strawberries on the whipped cream. Finish with a sprinkle of cinnamon, and serve.