Southwestern Peach Crisp
Fresh peaches, cornmeal, and pecans come together for an easy dessert with a southwestern flavor profile. This crisp is also excellent made with added blackberries.50 m 4
- ⅓ cup stone ground cornmeal
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup whole wheat pastry flour (or sub unbleached white flour or gluten-free flour)
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar (or sub brown sugar)
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tbsp vegan margarine
- ¼ cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups sliced fresh peaches (or 1 pound frozen)
- 2 Tbsp sweetener of choice (adjust for taste)
- 2 Tbsp Adagio Peach Serenity Tea, dry
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven 375°F. In a bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, and salt. Cut the margarine into the mixture until coarse crumbs form. Stir in the pecans. Set aside.
2. Combine the peaches, sweetener, dried tea, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Spread in an ungreased baking pan or cast iron skillet. Sprinkle the topping mixture evenly over the fruit.
3. Bake about 30 minutes until the fruit is bubbling and the topping is golden. Allow crisp to sit for a few minutes before serving. Serve with cream.