Pasta with Kukicha Cashew Cream Sauce (vegan)
A delicious dish showcasing the flavor of kukicha tea over pasta.15 m 2
- 2/3 c. cashews, raw (or scant 1/2 c. cashew butter)
- 1/4 c. soy milk
- 2 tsp. kukicha tea leaves
- 1/2 c. hot water
- 1/2 tbsp. onion flakes or 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp. nutritional yeast (or vegetable bouillon)
- enough cooked whole grain pasta for 2-3 servings
Brew tea in water and steep 5 min. Strain and allow tea to cool. Measure out 1/4 c.
Blend cashews, soy milk, tea, nutritional yeast, and onion flakes in a blender until smooth and creamy (a hand blender works great if you use cashew butter). Serve over pasta.