Kukicha Rice Dish
A quick and simple dish that can be a side dish, or add meat and make it a main course. Prep time: 10 min. Cook time: 25-30 min.40 m 2
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 3/4 c. long grain rice, uncooked
- 1 cube bouillon (chicken, beef, or vegetable)
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 head fresh broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 1/2 c. hot water
- 1 tbsp. kukicha tea leaves
- Optional ingredients:
- 1/2 c. diced onions
- 1/2 c. sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2-lb. ground beef
- other fresh vegetable of choice
Brew tea in hot water and steep 5 min. Strain.
In a medium saucepan cook onions, mushrooms, and garlic in melted butter. If using ground beef, wait 2 min. and then add ground beef, browning until thoroughly browned.
Add bouillon, kukicha, rice, pepper, broccoli, and any other vegetables at this time. Bring to boiling, then reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for about 15 min. or until the liquid is absorbed.