Blood Orange Granita
Blood Orange Granita is a crunchy, icy, fruit treat made with Adagio's Blood Orange tea and their fabulous Amber Sugar Crystals. It is the perfect after dinner treat for the warm summer days ahead.5 h 6
- 5 heaping teaspoons Adagio’s Blood Orange Tea
- 20 oz. hot/boiling water
- 1/3 cup Adagio’s Amber Sugar Crystals (or plain sugar)
- 4 oranges
1. Steep tea and sugar crystals in hot water for 10 minutes. Stir to make sure sugar has dissolved. Strain to yield about 16 oz of sweetened tea. Chill.
2. Juice the oranges. Yield will be about 1 – 1¼ cups.
3. Stir tea and juice together in a freezer-proof container. Cover and place in freezer.
4. Each hour stir granita mix. Scrape sides of container. Return to freezer.
5. Serve when mixture is frozen to desired consistency…usually about 4-5 hours. If left to freeze too long, it will become solid. You may need to scrape to serve or break into chunks to process in a blender or food processor, but that will make a smoother texture, more like a sorbet.