This is a mushroom rice pilaf but instead of vegetable or chicken broth, it uses pu-erh dante to enhance the earthy, mushroom flavor.30 m 4
- 2-3 Tbsp pu-erh dante
- 16oz water
- 3/4 cup long grain rice
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 cup vegetable/chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- Salt to taste
1. Put 2-3 Tbsp pu--erh dante in a pot with your water. Let brew to desired strength then strain.
2. In a 2qt saucepan melt your butter. Cook and stir your uncooked rice and garlic in the butter for about 3 minutes.
3. Carefully stir your tea into your rice/garlic mixture. Add your mushrooms, broth, and dried herbs.
4. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
5. Stir in green onions.
Makes about 4 servings (about 2/3 cups each)