Wild Strawberry Chicken Salad
This summer salad consists of a grilled chicken marinated in a wild strawberry balsamic glaze, tossed with spring mix, strawberries, balsamic candied pecans, a wild strawberry balsamic vinaigrette, and some other goodies. Feel free to add or subtract other salad toppings. Perfect as an entrée or a side dish! This would go great with a glass of wild strawberry iced tea!9 h 4
- For the Chicken Marinade/Glaze:
- --1 cup water
- --2 heaping tbsp wild strawberry tea
- --2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- --1.5 tsp brown sugar
- --1.5 tsp olive oil
- --2 boneless chicken breasts, about 8 oz each
- For the balsamic candied pecans:
- --1 cup halved pecans
- --¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- --1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- --1 tbsp olive oil
- For the Wild Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- --2 tsp wild strawberry tea
- --4 oz water
- --⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- --1tsp honey
- --1 pinch salt
- --¾ cup olive oil
- For the Salad:
- --Spring mix
- --Sliced strawberries
- --Feta or goat cheese
- --Thinly sliced red onions
1. Make the glaze for the chicken:
1a. Boil the water and steep the tea for 10 minutes.
1b. Stir in the balsamic vinegar and brown sugar.
1c. Let cool. Add the olive oil.
1d. Place the chicken and the marinade in a resealable plastic bag and refrigerate for 8 hours.
1e. Grill the chicken.
2. Candy the pecans.
2a. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2b. Boil brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil, stirring constantly.
2c. When foamy and beginning to thicken, add pecans and stir, while cooking, until well-coated, about 3 minutes.
2d. Remove pecans from heat and spread on the prepared baking sheet. Let cool.
3. Assemble the balsamic vinaigrette
3a. Boil the water and steep the tea for 10-15 minutes. Remove the tea leaves and allow the tea to cool.
3b. the tea, balsamic vinegar, honey, and salt together.
3c. While whisking, slowly add the olive oil.
4. Toss the spring mix, candied pecans, glazed chicken, vinaigrette, and other toppings until thoroughly mixed. Put in a bowl to serve.