Chicken simmered with spices and cranberry tea bags has a boost of flavor and a nice tint of color for a more interesting chicken salad. Prep time: 20 min. Cook time: 25 min.45 m 2
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 3 cranberry tea bags
- 1/2 c. diced onion
- 1/2 c. diced celery
- 1/2 c. chopped assorted nuts
- 1/2 c. diced hard cheese of choice
- 1 c. red grapes, halved
- 1 3/4 c. Ranch-type dressing
- 1 tbsp. grapefruit juice
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/8 sea salt, finely ground
- 1/2 tsp. dill weed
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried lemon thyme
- 1 tbsp. turbinado sugar
Put chicken in a skillet tea bags, enough water to just cover, and any desired spices. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer 20-25 min. or until thoroughly cooked. Remove from liquid and allow to cool completely.
Combine all dressing ingredients and mix well. If it seems too thin, add some mayonnaise.
Once chicken is cooled, chop up and combine with onion, celery, nuts, cheese, and grapes. Stir to combine. Pour dressing over all and mix well. Refrigerate until serving time.
Serve over a bed of leafy lettuce.